Again, Tyson Fury beats Wilder to retain title

Tyson Fury

Tyson Fury has defeated Deontay Wilder after 11 rounds to retain his heavyweight titles at the T-Mobile Arena in Nevada, US on Sunday morning.

Both fighters had five knockdowns between them but the British boxer edged his American counterpart with his third knockdown in round 11.

READ ALSO!! Tonto Dikeh reveals why she dumped Bobrisky

The Gypsy King handed Wilder his first professional boxing defeat in their second fight back in February 2020 after a split draw in December 2018 despite two knockdowns of Fury by the Bronze Bomber.

Wilder walked into the ring for the first time as the challenger without the flashy 40 pound costume he blamed for his defeat last time but with needs and a customised face mask representing his Nigerian heritage.

Fury, on the other hand, walked into the T-Mobile Arena with a Gladiator-like costume preceded by his Gypsy heritage, before dawning a cap with Jesus boldly inscribed on it as he walked to defend his heavyweight championship belt.

Wilder began the first round with body shots throwing the Gypsy King to the ropes but Fury remained very relaxed with his opponent’s advances until he delivered a right-hand punch a few seconds to the end.

The second round appeared a bit balanced starting with advances from Fury to slow the pace of WIlder as the American kept his composure.

After some heavy exchange in the third round, Fury knocked out Wilder in round three and almost finished him off but the American was saved by the bell.

Against all odds, Wilder evened the score by knocking down Fury twice in the fourth round to send the T-Mobile Arena wild.

Fury survived round five without going down but he went into round six targeting the ears of Wilder who looked tired and started bleeding as they ended the first half of the 12 round fight.

Wilder survived the seventh round by the ropes but Fury continued to back him to the ropes in the eighth round with Fury looking more dominant as Wilder staggered.

Fury mounted the pressure on Wilder who appeared to have injured his right hand but the American managed to land a right uppercut at the end of the ninth round.

Fury landed his second knockdown in the 10th round but Wilder fought back and almost repaid the favour but Fury was saved by the bell.

The Gypsy dealt the final blow in the 11th round to retain his belt and remain undefeated in his professional boxing career.




For publication of your news content, articles, videos, or any other newsworthy materials, please send it to For more enquiry, please call +234 703 951 4950 or WhatsApp. To place an advert, please call +234-803-669-9610.