The Nigerian Navy said on Tuesday that it had suspended its 2020 recruitment exercise because of the coronavirus pandemic, adding that applicants were to await further instructions at a later date.
The navy noted that the online registration for the 2020 recruitment had been suspended and the recruitment portal “deactivated with immediate effect.”
In a release, the navy’s Director of Information, Commodore Suleman Dahun, said,
“The Nigerian Navy wishes to inform the general public and prospective applicants that its 2020 recruitment exercise has been put on hold till further notice in response to national concerns.
“Consequently, the online registration for the 2020 recruitment has been suspended and the recruitment portal deactivated with immediate effect.
“It may be recalled that the online registration for the 2020 Recruitment Exercise commenced on March 11 and was scheduled to close on April 21.”
Have a story to tell, or images to share on a breaking news story? Send them to Shakarasquare WhatsApp or call