Award-winning singer Davido took to his Instagram page to remembers his friend, Tagbo Umeike who died in controversial circumstances in October last year. During the time of his Tagbo’s death, Actress Caroline Danjuma called out Davido on social media over Tagbo’s death. The singer was also invited by the Lagos state police command for questioning but the police have since cleared Davido.
See what Davido wrote on his Instasory about Tagbo below.
Davido attracted negative publicity last year following the sudden death of one of his friends, Tagbo Umeike. Tagbo reportedly died in a controversial circumstance on the eve of his birthday, with actress Caroline Danjuma, who is alleged to be the girlfriend of the deceased, claiming that Davido had questions to answer on Tagbo’s death.
Caroline Danjuma insisted that the singer and his friends abandoned Tagbo, wore caps to cover their faces and took to their heels.
Davido’s camp’s claim that his friend died after taking an excess of Tequila, a brand of alcoholic drink made from the blue agave plant was pooh-poohed by the result of the autopsy carried out on the deceased by the police. The result, according to the police, showed that Tagbo died of suffocation and not drunkenness.
Three days after Tagbo’s controversial death, the death of another friend of the singer, Olugbemiga Abiodun, aka DJ Olu who was also reported being a member of the young singer’s crew, and one Chime Amaechi, was reported in the news.
Below are five thing’s you need to know about Davido’s deceased friend Tagbo Umeike.
- Tagbo Umeike attended Home Science Association Secondary School and later graduated from the Lagos State University.
- He was the first son but second child of his father. He has a younger brother, Chigbo and an elder sister based in the United Kingdom.
- Tagbo’s father died six years ago.
- Tagbo’s mother, Mrs. Umeike, is currently suffering from a stroke.
- Tagbo died on his birthday, October 3, 2017 after a night out with friends, including Davido.