Models are typically skinny, but many of them do not wear skin tight clothes. To understand their choices you must keep in mind that they live a jet set life with early morning calls, running around town for go-sees, late night fittings and endless hours in front of the cameras often working in stilettos. It’s no wonder that when they have down time they reach for easy, comfortable pieces that always work with other and ooze a “I wasn’t even trying hard” attitude, smothered in style.
– Models keep it simple. Nothing fussy like ruffles. Always clean lines, nothing busy.
– Jeans and a white tank, simple cardigan sweater or black leather jacket.
– No overpowering jewelry.
– Clothes fit. Models learn that fit, fabric and style are key. Off the runway you rarely find a model dressed trashy because even though she is skinny and could wear anything, she has learned that it is far more sexy to look and feel the fabric move over her body, flowing in the wind. You may think wearing baggy clothes to cover your bottom is hiding it but it is really drawing more attention and making it stand out.
– Experiment. A model takes chances by making a statement with her clothing choices. If you are standing up straight with confidence, no one will question what you’re wearing.
– Vintage. If you have something from a great designer keep it and recycle it by altering it to transform it for your own style. This goes for anything you love in your closet that you haven’t worn for awhile.
– Fresh Face. Makeup is natural. Concealer, mascara, gloss and go.
– Flat boots. Perfect for over arched feet posing in heels all day long. Models tuck jeans and leggings in them or wear them with black tights and a short skirt.
– A Large Tote. Have you ever notice how when you carry a larger bag it makes you look smaller? Plus it can carry everything needed for your next casting!
Determining what to wear every day is a challenge we all face, but if you want to look like a model take her cues and invest in basic, well-fitting, key pieces that you can wear with everything. It’s extremely important to stay true to your personality when finding your signature style. And whenever you walk, even if it’s not on a runway, stand tall with an inner confidence and the aura of a Supermodel….you just might get a tap on your shoulder by a stranger asking you “Are you a model?” because you can see that it’s not about expensive designer clothing, it’s about the girl wearing a well put together, stylish look. No fidgeting allowed.