Generator Fume Kills 15 Wedding Guests and 17 Unconscious in Imo State


Generator fume has left 15 wedding guests dead and more than 17 others unconscious in what seem to be negligence orchestrated during an after wedding sleep over in Imo State.

According to reports, the incident happened over the weekend at Umuomumu Mbieri in Imo State.

The victims, who were majorly guests from Anambra State, were said to have decided to pass the night in a house provided by the celebrants. .

A generator was powered on for them and it was placed in the kitchen, while the doors and widows of their rooms were locked, thus allowing the fume to kill some of them.

Reacting to bad news on social media, some Nigerian blamed the erratic power supply across the country as the causative agent of the rather avoidable incident

“One of the bad impacts of not having electricity. Ignorance played a big part in this but if only there was steady power supply. We won’t be having such terrible discussion. Is well” a social media user wrote

And some other blamed the occupants of the building for being ignorant of the dangerous effect of fume from generator on the health:

“Nooooooooooooooo, this is ignorance… why would you put generator inside the kitchen 🤦 May we not use our hand to kill ourselves”