Housemaid watches TV while baby chokes to death

0

A Kenyan Lawyer, Mr Steve Opar and his wife, Wendy Audrey are mourning at the moment, following the death of their son who was left in the care of their housemaid at St Mary’s Estate in Nakuru Town.

Opar was in Nyahururu, Laikipia County when he received a call from a neighbour at around 17:00 pm.

“The caller told me that my son was dying after choking on food.” Confused and shaken, he asked the neighbour to take the child to the War Memorial Hospital, as he sped back to Nakuru.

“Since he was my only child, Baby Jayden [Blessing] meant everything to me. As I drove back, I called my wife and told her to also rush to the hospital,” he said.

Mrs Opar speaking on the sad incident said;

“I did not even get to celebrate his first birthday, which was in a month’s time. It was the most painful moment of my life,” she said.

Ms Naomi Wambui, the neighbour who had called Mr Opar, said;

“I rushed into the house and found the house help watching television. When I asked her where the child was, she gestured towards the bedroom. I was shocked to find the child lying on the bed on his back before I called his parents,” she said

Have a story to tell, or images to share on a breaking news story? Send them to Shakarasquare WhatsApp or call [07039514950

ShakaraSquare TV