The 2015 edition of the Best of Nollywood Awards, will hold on Dec. 12 at the new Ultra-Modern Dome, in Akure, Ondo State.
The Executive Producer of the awards, Mr Segun Oloketuyi, said in Lagos on Thursday that the Ondo State Government has agreed to host this year’s edition.
He added that the decision by the Ondo government to host the event, ahead of the December festive period, would add more fun for the people of Ondo.
“We are happy to announce that Dr Olusegun Mimiko and the good people of Ondo are the hosts of this year’s Best of Nollywood Awards.
“The governor has promised to give Nollywood stars and stakeholders a ball and a blast during the awards ceremony in December.
“He made the promise last night before a colourful audience comprising the cream of Nollywood stars, including Segun Arinze, Yomi Fash Lanso, Alex Ekubo, Ngozi Nwosu, Ebube Nwagbo and Amanda Ebiye.
“Gov. Mimiko promised that BON 2015 will be the best ever, and Ondo will give spirit and soul to the Best of Nollywood Awards this year,’’ Oloketuyi said.
It would be recalled that the past two editions of the awards had been hosted in Port Harcourt with the blessings of the then Rotimi Amaechi administration.
According to him, the process of submission of entries for the awards is still ongoing, and industry players could drop their works at the designated locations in Lagos.
The awards were founded seven years ago by Oloketuyi, and since then the programme has grown in leaps and bounds.