Valentine is around the corner and with the current economy Boy and Girls are definitely not smiling. Word on the street is boys have started breaking up with their Baes because they feel they can’t afford Vals. Incase you suspect you might be single on Valentines day or you’re currently single here are some cheap ways to ball on vals day.
1. VOLUNTEER TO DO SOMETHING: There is no better way to make yourself feel good and appreciated than giving your time to others. Instead of sitting in a crowded restaurant filled with couples gazing into each other’s eyes, volunteer to do something that would help your environment.
2. LEARN SOMETHING NEW AND ENJOY IT: Valentine’s Day is about expressing your love for your significant other with lavish gifts and treats. Boycott Valentine’s Day this year by learning to love something new. Try out that yoga class you’ve been meaning to go to for the last couple of months, or pick up a new hobby such as drawing or writing.
3. READ AN AWESOME BOOK INSTEAD: Reading is the perfect single activity. Boycott Valentine’s Day this year by crawling into bed and cracking open a good book. Not a bookworm? Turn on Netflix, and have a laugh at any of these funny movies.
4. VISIT FAMILY MEMBERS: Let your family and close friends know that they are loved. You will definitely feel better after being able to catch up with your grandma or friend that you haven’t been able to get together with for a while.
5. TAKE YOURSELF ON A TREAT: It can be hard to watch everyone else besides you get spoiled on Valentine’s Day. But who needs a Valentine to go on a shopping spree? That’s right; Take this opportunity to treat yourself to a spa day or buy yourself a new pair of shoes. If you plan ahead, you could even have a package delivered to yourself on the 14th so you can have something waiting for your when you come home from work.
6. GO AND CHILL WITH YOUR FRIENDS: To take your mind off of the pressure of Valentine’s Day, spend time with people that you love and make you happy. Invite your family over for a wine and cheese party or go out with your friends.